Iberian Bellota pata negra Spanish ham (sliced)
Origin : Extremadura
Curing: Plus than 36 months.
Diet : Fed with acorns. Top quality ham certified.
Production: The traditional curing process provides a natural cellar aroma and a unique delicate taste.
Part of the pig:Hind leg.
Vacuum-packed: The product is cut at the right time and vacuum-packed immediately to preserve its flavour and aroma. We recommend opening the envelope 15 minutes before serving it at room temperature.
Taste: Intense flavour and incredible aroma with small pink fat layers which helps appreciate better the fabulous texture of this masterpiece.
Health : rich in protein, B vitamins and oleic acid (good cholesterol producer). Very low in calories (95cal per 50g), an indispensable part of the Mediterranean diet, 100% healthy.
Curiosities: The texture of the fat is homogeneous and creamy. If we take a small amount of fat between two fingers and rubbed it melts easily.
Presentation - Sliced products
The product will be cut just before being vacuum-packed for shipping so that it retains its original quality, aroma and flavour.
We cut it and vacuum-pack it:
- The product is cut into thin slices just when the order arrives.
- Vacuum-packed in 100gr packs just after it’s being cut.
- This process protects the product and retains all its quality of taste and freshness.
- The packs are shipped inside a small box with a safety strap for security.
This presentation allows you to eat delicious products sliced and with all their aroma and flavour.
We recommend you to take the product out of the plastic bag 15 minutes before eating it. The vacuum-packed products we sell can be stored in the fridge for 6 months. Please check the expiry date of each product.
Once you have confirmed your order, it will be prepared and sent via courier. Delivery date and shipping costs depend on destination and weight.
During the process you will receive detailed information by e-mail about the status of your order.
Please see more information about shipping:
All items are insured during the delivery. This means that any damage or loss of product is covered.
Parts of the Ham
The different parts of the ham provide different degrees of curing and different types of slices.
-  La Maza : The largest part of the ham and the tastiest.
-  La Babilla o Contramaza: behind the hoof. It is narrower and cured because it has less fat. We recommend you to start cutting here because it won’t be too much dry as if you left it to the end.
-  El Codillo: It is the more fibrous part of the whole piece.
-  La Punta: totally opposed to the hoof. It is very tasty and has a nice level of fat.
-  La Caña: The closest part to the hoof. Being also very fibrous, this part is usually cut in small cubs. This form provides different flavour and texture.
The Pata Negra, Spanish Iberian
The term “Pata Negra” refers to the Spanish Iberian breed. The reason is that the black hoof most Iberian pigs have, “pata negra” means black paw. Nowadays the label "pata negra" is also used as a distinction of gourmet products.
However, not all Iberian hams have black hoof and not all the hams which have black hoof are Iberian hams.
The different branches of the Iberian breed pigs may have hoofs not always black. We can find red Iberian pigs or stained Iberian pigs which can have clear or light hoof.